- Smaller plate, smaller portions
Yes, it’s true! The size of your plate is linked to any weight loss efforts according to studies. The smaller the plate, it helps your will power to keep you from filling your plate to the brink. However, while you’re going for a smaller plate go for a bigger cup of water.
- Use your legs more
They burn the most calories and are the strongest muscles in your body so therefore make sure you put them to use. Through the day, look for opportunities where you can walk instead of driving, take the steps instead of an elevator, park your car far from the store and walk and stand up periodically when sitting at work for long periods.
Remember the aim of these workouts is to focus on the inner thighs, however they will use other bigger leg muscles during the process that will benefit other areas of your body.
Before you actually start these inner thigh exercises make sure you do a 5 mins warm-up. 3 to 4 times a week is sufficient for these workouts. You don’t have to do every single workout listed below, just pick any 4 of these moves that you’re comfortable doing.
Okay let’s get started!
This workout is normally considered a move for well-shaped abs but many people don’t realize this move is one of the best kept secrets for inner thighs. Your core muscle and thigh muscles are worked by the movement of your legs in various directions.
- Make sure to lie on your back, with your arms by your side.
- Raise both legs together off the ground together.
- Move them in opposite direction, without touching the ground.
- Do 25 reps, 2 sets.
Side Squat with Band
Resistance bands are very cheap and are normally used for butt, thigh or just full body workout. The good thing is that they offer various levels of resistance so you’re able to challenge the thigh muscles more. This move will work the inner and outer thighs, butt and hips.
- Make sure you’re standing shoulder width apart with the band around your lower legs.
- Lift the left leg and step to the left while pressing against the band resistance.
- When the left leg reaches the ground, do a deep squat by bending your knees.
- Then stand up again, shoulder width apart, and then do the right leg.
- Do 15 reps, 3 sets