Yogurt for yeast infection – the conclusion
It can be seen from the above studies, that natural yogurt containing probiotics can help improve vaginal health. However, some scientists say that other studies have proven to be inconclusive. Regarding this, the Journal of Clinical Pathology commented that the particular strain of Lactobacillus can have an effect on vaginal microbial balance when treating vaginal disorders.
In conclusion, researchers stated that products containing Lactobacilli can have an important role in protecting the vagina from Candida albicans fungus colonization.10
How to Use Yogurt for Yeast Infection
It is very easy to use yogurt to treat a yeast infection and soothe the discomfort it causes. Apart from being full of healthy bacteria that can destroy yeast infections, cooled yogurt helps to reduce itching, gets rid of irritation, and lessens swelling of the vulva.
To help get instant relief from the discomfort a yeast infection causes, insert a tampon soaked in yogurt into your vagina. The tampon will also help the beneficial bacteria in raw yogurt to kill off vaginal fungal infections.
How to use:
To treat a yeast infection using yogurt and a tampon, this is what you should do:
- Take some natural, probiotic yogurt from the refrigerator and soak a non-scented tampon in it.
- Insert the tampon into your vagina and leave for 2 hours to fight the fungal infection.
- Rinse the yogurt off and thoroughly dry your genitalia.
- Repeat the process 2 times a day until there is no more itchiness, redness, and white discharge from your vagina.
Apply yogurt externally
You can also apply plain yogurt to your vulva to help reduce swelling and itching around your genitals.
How to use:
To apply yogurt externally to soothe a yeast infection, you should do the following:
- Use a clean cloth or clean fingers to apply cooled yogurt to the affected area on your vagina.
- Leave the yogurt on for around one hour to get relief from itchiness and irritation.
- Rinse off with cool water and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat 3 times a day for a least a week until you start to see an improvement in your symptoms.