Yogurt and honey anti- Candida topical treatment
You can also mix yogurt with honey to make your own natural anti- Candida vaginal cream. As well as being a soothing agent, honey is also full of antifungal properties that can eliminate yeast infections.
Research into the antimicrobial properties of raw honey has found that it also kills off Candida infections in the mouth and vagina. In fact, studies have shown that the yeast-killing effect of honey also eliminates Candida infections that are resistant to traditional antifungals. The good news is that honey doesn’t destroy Lactobacillus bacteria strains that are needed to fight yeast infections.
The Global Journal of Health Science reported that a mixture of yogurt and honey can be made into an antifungal vaginal cream. In fact, using honey and yogurt for candidiasis was just as effective as clotrimazole – a popular pharmaceutical candida drug. The researchers concluded that a mixture of honey and yogurt can be recommended as a natural remedy for Candida vaginal infection.
How to use:
Here is how to use yogurt and honey together to get rid of vaginal candidiasis and thrush:
- Mix together equal amounts of honey and yogurt to make a topical application.
- Dip a tampon in the natural remedy and insert into your vagina.
- Leave for 1-2 hours to help reduce the number of fungi causing your vaginal itch and discomfort.
- Rinse your genitals and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat 2 times a day and continue using until all symptoms of the yeast infection have gone.
Yogurt and ginger for yeast infection
Ginger can be used as a natural antifungal ingredient along with yogurt for a yeast infection. Ginger is also a natural anti-inflammatory that can help to reduce swelling and irritation.
A study published in the Journal of Dental Sciences and Research found that ginger extracts fight Candida albicans infections. The antifungal activity is due to components in ginger called gingerol and shagelol. The researchers concluded that ginger extracts could be incorporated into topical antifungal therapies.
How to use:
You can use ginger and yogurt to help treat a yeast infection by consuming it or by using it as a topical application. To make the ginger and yogurt paste, this is what you should do:
- Grate a 1-inch piece of ginger.
- Mix with one cup of plain raw yogurt.
- Consume the ginger and yogurt mixture 2 times a day to help increase your body’s immune response to the fungal infection.
You can also use the mixture to apply to your genitals to reduce itching and kill off Candida vaginal infections.
Consume more yogurt to fight yeast infections
Consuming more yogurt can help you fight against yeast infections. As the studies mentioned in this article have shown, plain yogurt that contains strains of Lactobacillus bacteria can have a beneficial effect on your immune system and boost the number of fungus-fighting bacteria in your body.
The journal Archives of Family Medicine published a small study showing that daily consumption of 150 ml of yogurt enriched with live Lactobacillus acidophilus helped to reduce recurring bouts of Candidavaginitis and bacterial vaginosis.
How to use:
To use yogurt for preventing yeast infections and boosting the effectiveness of other Candida treatments, this is what you should do:
- Consume 1/2 cup of plain yogurt once or twice a day.
- Keep doing this while you are treating the yeast infection with home remedies to boost their effectiveness.